Membership Manual, Code of Conduct, Policies
Welcome to the Y!
Please view our Membership Manual so that you become more familiar with us!
Y MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
• All group exercises classes are included in membership to add variety to your workout
• Free drop-in Childwatch and YOUth Center while you exercise*
• Lower rates for all programs, including swim lessons and camps, for a greater value
• AWAY program allows you access to Ys around the country to keep your fitness routine uninterrupted
*Household memberships only.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
An easy way to pay as you go! Your checking account, savings account, or credit card is debited once per month. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. See the YMCA Welcome Center for details.
The annual fee may be paid in full upon joining and yearly thereafter with cash, check or credit card. See the YMCA Welcome Center for details.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
We are open to all people. Through the generosity of donors, we are able to provide programs and services to those who may not otherwise be able to participate. Financial assistance is available to help those in need. If you cannot afford the full cost of a YMCA program or membership, you may apply for financial assistance. Stop by the YMCA Welcome Center for an application or download the application from our website.All YMCA members receive the same membership benefits, regardless of assistance.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR PROGRAMS
- Visit us and register at the Welcome Center.
- Call the Welcome Center and use your Visa, Master Card or Discover Card.
- By fax using Visa, Master Card or Discover Card; 429-5482.
- Or, you may register for most classes on-line at www.bhsjymca.org
• Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. The YMCA reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient registration with all fees to be refunded.
• Payment is required at the time of registration.
• Refunds/credits will not be issued due to inclement weather or personal schedule conflicts.
• No refunds/credits will be issued after the 2nd class meeting date without a valid medical excuse.
• All refunds/credits and transfers are subject to a processing fee of $5.00.
SEVERE OR INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
A decision to cancel programs is made when there is severe or inclement weather. When weather threatens safe traveling to and from the YMCA or rain threatens outdoor programs, please call 428-9622 to learn if programs will run, or for YMCA weather-related class and building cancellations go to wsjm.com or www.bhsjymca.org. We will also post information on our FACEBOOK page.
The YMCA reserves the right to take photos/videos of its participants for brochures, publications and marketing purposes to be used on our website, Facebook, You Tube and Twitter. Please let us know if you do not wish to be photographed or video taped.
GUESTS ARE WELCOME AT THE Y
The YMCA is a membership driven organization. We want our members to enjoy their membership and have ample access to equipment and facilities. Guests are welcome to use our YMCA at non-peak times.
Labor Day to Memorial Day:
Guests are welcome during non peak times-
Monday through Thursday: 5:00 am-2:15 pm and 7:00 pm-Close
Friday: 5:00 am-2:15 pm
Saturday: 6:00 am-8:15 am and 2:00 pm-Close
Sunday: 11:30 am-Close
Guest Pass Policy: Guests must have photo identification such as driver’s license or school ID; pay the daily guest pass fee listed below;• adhere to the YMCA Code of Conduct.
Please Note: Members only Fridays after 3:00 pm.
Hours are subject to change at the discretion of the YMCA.
Memorial Day-Labor Day: Guests are welcome at any time.
Guest Pass Fees:
Youth $8.00 (under age 18)
CHANGES MAY OCCUR
Complete details of program policies, procedures, guidelines, dates and times are sometimes omitted from the program guide due to space limitations and time of printing. We apologize for any errors and thank you for your patience and understanding should these situations occur. Please visit our website for updated information: www.bhsjymca.org
HELP US AVOID CANCELLED CLASSES
We cancelled it because we didn’t know you wanted it! Sometimes excellent courses with super instructors are cancelled when too many people wait until the last minute to register. Our courses have to be cost recoverable, and we need a minimum of students enrolled before a class will run. To avoid inconvenience to students, we cancel classes with no (or low) registrations ahead of time. This includes our special events too!
Avoid disappointment...register early!
We update our FACEBOOK page on a regular basis. In addition to FACEBOOK, we send out monthy newsletters via Constant Contact. Make sure we have your email address in our computer system.
Driving Social Responsibility
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a nonprofit. It is only through the support of our hundreds of thousands of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to the communities we engage.